The Women's Health program at Brooks provides rehabilitation for the specific health needs of women. Our therapy programs provide effective treatment for pain and incontinence, including back and pelvic pain during pregnancy and postpartum, urinary incontinence at any time of life, and pelvic pain diagnoses.
Physical Therapy for Women's Health
Many women believe that back pain, urinary incontinence and other symptoms during and/or after pregnancy are normal, however, pain, urine leakage, and limitations or difficulty with normal activities are NEVER normal. The specially trained therapists at Brooks are here to help.
What we treat
Women's health rehabilitation services may benefit women who are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Low back, groin or pelvic girdle pain
- Pain getting out of bed
- Pain during transitional movements (such as sitting to standing, climbing stairs, getting in and out of the car)
- Pain which radiates to the groin or down the buttocks or back of the leg
- Feeling as though a leg is “giving way”
- Joints popping or clicking
- Pain that worsens with prolonged standing or sitting
- Pain that increases with normal daily activities
- Urinary urgency, frequency or incontinence
- Fecal/bowel incontinence
- Painful intercourse
Where to go for treatment
To receive physical therapy for women's health you need to talk to your doctor and ask for a referral. To make an appointment or for information on the closest clinic call (888) 323-8005 or (904) 345-7277.