BROOKS at Ormond Beach offers rehabilitation experts specializing in Orthopedics, Women's Health and Vestibular and Balance Disorders.
Why Choose Brooks in Ormond Beach
The Brooks clinicians at Ormond Beach are part of Brooks Health System, NE Florida’s most comprehensive rehabilitation organization and we ensure that the latest advancements in the science of rehabilitation are applied for the benefit of our patients.
- Sports therapy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillian Barre Syndrome
- Manual therapy
Vestibular and Balance Disorders
Women's Health Diagnoses
With highly specialized rehabilitation experts and friendly office staff, Brooks at Ormond Beach offers an exceptional experience for patients.
• Proven Outcomes
• Advanced Treatment Options
• State-of-the-Art Equipment and Technology
• Powerful Tools for Patient Education
• Newly Constructed Facility with Spacious Gym and Private Treatment Rooms
• Flexible Appointment Scheduling
• Payment Options Including Help for Under-Insured or No Insurance
Vestibular and Balance Rehabilitation
Vestibular therapists at Brooks have extensive training in treating and evaluating individuals with vestibular and balance disorders. Brooks Balance Services are led by one of only 10 Neurological Certified Specialists in the state of Florida. Therapists at our Ormond Beach clinic use the latest technology tools available including the SMART Balance Master® and infrared goggles. The SMART Balance Master® provides interactive, functional training exercises that use visual biofeedback and real-time monitoring of movement to help motivate patients to achieve greater balance. Infrared goggles are used to observe and record eye movements while the patient performs certain activities. By evaluating the patient’s eye movement, the therapist can better assess the underlying causes of balance problems. Click here for a listing of vestibular and balance conditions treated.For statistics on balance click here.
Women's Health Rehabilitation
Many women believe that back pain, urinary incontinence (UI) and other symptoms during and after pregnancy are normal, however, pain, urine leakage, and limitations or difficulty with normal activities are NEVER normal. Physical therapists at the Ormond Beach clinic are specially trained to provide therapeutic treatments to relieve pain, improve function and restore continence. For more information about Women's Health including common diagnoses and symptoms click here.
Women's Health Facts and Statistics:
• 30-50% of women with severe pain in pregnancy lose time from job.
• Physical therapy reduces pain in pregnancy and results last for two years or more.
• Older women with mixed incontinence are 3 times more likely to fall than those without UI.
• As many as 50% of women over age 65 suffer unnecessarily with symptoms of urinary incontinence.
• Research from the National Institutes of Health declares that physical therapy is most strongly recommended as the first line of treatment for stress and urge incontinence, before or along with medication.
1180 W. Granada Blvd. Suite C
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Fax: (386) 898-0221